- The Walker Art Center was looking for a retail collection that would stylishly update its classic 1989 ‘Closed Mondays’ t-shirt.
- Products were to be given to all staff members, as well as sold in the Walker Shop.
- The products were teased over the summer on Walker Shop website, and progressively released into the store (merchandised on a center table) from September through November.
- The sweatshirts were (and continue to be) worn by Walker staff both in and out of the workplace.
- Primary challenge was sourcing from different vendors who could maintain continuity of design across a variety of product, while hitting in-hands dates.
- Based on our relationship and work during the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden reopening and subsequent merchandise collection, the Walker trusted us to present ideas and help them choose the best pieces to form the core collection.
- Sourced from multiple vendors and worked diligently to solve problems on the fly (incorrect sweatshirts shipped initially, needed to negotiate returns and pricing with the apparel vendor).
- Most samples were hand delivered and reviewed in partnership with the Walker. Through on-site meetings, Matt was able to recommend and add a winter football scarf to the collection.
- Worked with the Walker and multiple vendors to deliver products – sweatshirt, baseball cap, notebook set, mug, and scarf – in a timely manner.
- Products were prominently displayed in retail shop and on website.
- Client felt products looked great and created the modern collection they were seeking.